I find it interesting how many YouTube videos about Lucky Star the 2007 TV Anime as being a time capsule depicting what Otaku Culture was like in 2007.
But the show isn't set in 2007, it's clearly set in 2006.
The first season of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is clearly currently airing, one scene depicting Konota's reaction to the episode Someday in The Rain which aired May 28th 2006, neither she or the people she talked to online had seen it before.
Another show presented as current is Code Geass.
Full Metal Panic is presented as no current but still pretty big.
The only 2007 show I recall being mentioned in any capacity was El Cazador de la Bruja but that was only a promotional poster, it aired in spring 2007 and was hyped as a spiritual follow up to Noir and Madlax so it could have had prominent posters already in 2006.
To be honest I don't think there is a coherent timeline if you overmilitarized everything. But this show is also a Spring 2007 show so it likely entered production before 2006 was over. it's a product of vaguely 2006 Anime culture.
No comments:
Post a Comment