Monday, June 10, 2024

Smartphone Season 2 retry

 I decided to rewatch season 2 of In Another World With My Smartphone and see if I could get over what made me feel so disappointed the first time.

And I did enjoy it more this time, the different Dub Voice Actors aren’t so jarring anymore.  And in general this show may be better binged.

One interesting thing to praise is how very harsh it is on Slavery, actively avoiding one of Isekai’s most commonly complained about pitfalls.

That said I do think I like it less then season 1 still.

I mentioned before not liking the confirmation that Leen will become one of the official wives. In general though I always had kind of mixed feelings about the Polycule expanding.  I kind of consider 5 the ideal number for a core Anime cast in general because of a lot of notable examples.  And for a Polygynous Harem I kind of consider 4 wives the ideal because of how much my Biblical defense of Polygamy is based on Jacob’s family.

Add to that how the additions to the group made post Toya becoming officially a geopolitical entity are going to have a disadvantage at feeling properly integrated.  Much of season 1 was like a lot of Fantasy Anime based on the vibe of a group of players playing an RPG campaign.  It’s hard for me to buy that they can recreate that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment