Saturday, September 2, 2017

DC making a Flashpoint movie

I'm awfully late in reacting to this.  It apparently became known back in July.  I would have commented on it in the Zack Snyder post I did last month if I'd known about it, as it's further evidence DC probably isn't going to involve him their films anymore anyway.

The overall reputation of Flashpoint is that people love the story itself, but hate the New52 that it in Kayfabe created.  I actually have my issues with the Flashpoint story even as a stand alone, chiefly how I feel it assassinated Diana and Arthur's characters.  But there is good stuff in it, and I hope Jeffrey Dean Morgan plays Thomas Wayne again.

I have enjoyed every DCEU movie so far.  But I have issues with it, and a lot of that is it's New52 influence.  Maybe the movie Flashpoint will be like the opposite, it'll change this depressing New52 inspired universe into the DC Universe I remember.

Some people think part of the plan is to replace Ben Afleck as Batman with someone younger.  I'm tired of always getting young Batman.

I also would have liked to see an Ezra Miller solo Flash film.  But I get that they are not going to be able to complete with the TV Show in anything other then having the resources necessary to do Flashpoint more accurately.

It could go either way.  We'll have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment