Saturday, October 15, 2022

Halloween season Anime Updates Gaiden

Well first of all is there any reason to update my general Halloween Anime Reccomendation from last year?  Not much, I've watched more of Karin but that's something I was already aware existed and just didn't think of then, and it's not on any legal streaming sites.

As for new or current Halloween relevant stuff, I've watched 6 episodes of Call of The Night, the ones that can be watched Dubbed on HIDIVE, a couple more will go up before Ocotber's over as new episodes drop on Thursdays.  It is enjoyable so far.

And that's it for Halloween stuff.

I've finished Lupin III Part VI and Classroom of The Elite Season 2 both of which were good but not likely to be shows I'd ever label as favorites.

I've also watched even more Detective Conan, now seen all the Movies but 25, and think as far as what's animated goes I'm pretty effectively up to speed on the main storyline.

I finished Magia Record as the Dub for the rest of it finally dropped and it's was as good as I figured it would be.

But let's return to the other currently airing Simuldubs I'm following.  There are five and they all happen to be dropping on Saturday on Crunchyroll.

Lycoris Recoil and Engage Kiss I'd already mentioned on this blog, they're up to episode 9 now and I like em both.  Engage Kiss deserves more attention.

Spy x Family's second cour has started and it's still fun.

Beast Tamers looks like a fun little show that is not an Isekai but may as well be.

I'm The Villainess, So I'm Taming the Final Boss is officially the second of the reincarnated as an Otome villainess genre to get an Anime, so the one we had before can no longer simply be called "The Villainess show" people other then me will have to start using the official shorthand Hamefura.

This show is very distinct from Hamefura.  

For starters part of the joke with Bakarina is how she's not like the person who's body she's taken over at all, the actual titular "Villainess" kind of no longer exists when the Japanese memories awaken.  This new show's protagonist is a reincarnation of a modern Japanese gamer (I'm not actually sure what their original gender was) but still also is Aileen, she's still molded by the experiences of living that life.  I'm a Pretty Little Liars veteran who enjoys watching a Mean Girls be bad@$$ in their own special way, and so find this protagonist more appealing actually.

From the pilot it doesn't seem we can expect the Yuri that Hamefura has, but that's fine, I'm totally down to watch this girl Tame Anime Daemon Targyreon.

Update October 17th: I just watched the first 3 episodes of Housing Complex C on HBOmax, and they're interesting, got Higurashi vibes and Lovecrafting themes.

These Gaijin have Eastern European Accents in the Dub, but also seem to be implied to be Muslim, there are some Muslim counties in the Balkans but not everyone remembers that, so it's an interesting direction to take.

There is a character named Kahn.  I predict eventually some situation will cause a character to scream or shout their name loudly, and then there will be Memes.

No comments:

Post a Comment