Thursday, December 25, 2014

Bethany Young is a Red Herring

Everyone is thinking that if the show does do the Twin thing then Bethany is Ali's Twin.  However she clearly seems to have been older then Ali.

I know a lot of people are convinced Ali won't have a Twin, just accepting everything we're told in interviews about them not going there.  Even though they effectively said the same things about Mona.

Like with Mona it won't be the same way, I don't think we'll learn that the Ali the girls were friends with was never the one originally named Ali but the crazy person who should have been institutionalized.  At least I certainly don't think she tried to kill her.

It's popular to say the whole Soul Swapping with CeCe thing was done in place of having a Twin.  I think on a psychological level that further proves Ali is a twin.  I think she's probably not consciously aware she has a Twin but is definitely subconsciously aware, and so she latched onto CeCe to play the role of her Twin.

In the Christmas special Ali asks if the other dress was for Bethany and Mona says it won't be that easy.  That is effectively proof to me the dress wasn't for Bethany.

Let's start with the mystery of Toby's Mom's death.  Everyone was thinking that story-line was useless filler, but I knew from the start that that was how we'd eventually get to Ali's twin.   And learning Jessica was on Radley's board only made me 100% certain.

Then when Bethany was tied to that mystery, the first intended assumption was that Bethany pushed her.  But as stated on the show it makes no sense that she'd be mad at Jessica over that.

In the recording of Bethany from 5:12 she says Jessica had lied to her.  Here's what I'm thinking.

NO!  Jessica was not Bethany's mother, she just lead her to believe that for some reason.  But Jessica's real investment in Radley was always Ali's Twin.  Bethany is, it seems, younger then Jason, it's pretty silly really think Jessica hid that pregnancy form Kenneth.

Bethany said "Both of them" and Spencer just assumed the other of the them was Ali, but I think it's the Twin.

Bethany knew that the Twin had pushed Toby's Mom and Jessica had covered it up, and that lead her to realize she'd been deceived.

I don't know whether Bethany and the Twin escaped at the same time or separately, if separately I'm thinking the Twin may have gotten out sooner and then forged that letter from Ali to lure Bethany.

I think it was Ali's twin who tried to kill Ali.  I'm not sure what exactly I think about who killed Bethany, it might have always been the Twin's plan to kill both Ali and Bethany.

And I think the twin Killed Jessica too.  A lot of people were speculating on that murder as if it's another filler mystery, and that it's probably either Kenneth or Veronica.  But if it was another filler mystery it'd have been solved by the mid-season point like Maya and Wilden's were.

Why would Jessica be keeping this a secret?  Why act like it's a threat to her marriage?  I'm thinking maybe Kenneth isn't the father of the Twins.  A little known fact about genetics is that people who are twins are genetically more likely to have twins.  I'm thinking Jessica cheated on Kenneth with someone who is a twin and was afraid the fact that she had twins would give that away.

If this theoretical twin father of Ali is supposed to be important, I'm thinking perhaps he's the Twin brother of Toby's mom.

One more random thought if they wanted to really shake things up.  Ali's Twin is Lucas' mysterious girlfriend form the 100th Episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment