Friday, September 11, 2015

My Eugenie Danglars story will be in TOTS 12

Tales of The Shadowmen Volume 12

12. CARTE BLANCHE


edited by 
J-M. & R. Lofficier
READ AN EXCERPT



US$22.95/GBP 14.99 - 6x9 tpb, 304 p. - ISBN-13: 978-1-61227-447-8




Contents:
Jason Scott 
Aiken: Ardan at the Pole starring Doc Ardan, The People of the Pole
Matthew 
Baugh: The Lament of the Duke and the King starring Doctor Omega
Adam Mudman 
Bezecny: The Revelation of the Yeti starring Doctor Omega, Nora, Ki-Gor
Nicholas 
Boving: The Evil Among Us starring Dr. Watson, Maigret, Father Brown
Nathan 
Cabaniss: House of El Hombre Loco starring Count Waldemar Daninsky, Dr. Génessier
Christophe 
Colin : Of Beasts and Men starring Felifax, Dr. Moreau
Matthew 
Dennion: Turning Point starring Sâr Dubnotal, Werewolf of Paris
Peter 
Gabbani: A Bond between Gentlemen starring Arsène Lupin, Raffles
Brian 
Gallagher: The Stake and the Sickle starring Captain Vampire, Von Bork
Martin 
Gately: Rouletabille on Mysterious Island starring Rouletabille
Travis 
Hiltz: The Case of the Curious Cadaver starring Spiridon, Van Helsing, Doctor Omega
Rick 
Lai: The Tomb of the Veiled Prophet starring The Phantom of the Opera,
Nigel 
Malcolm: The Adventure of the Orcival Rain starring Lecoq, Sherlock Holmes, Gourroull
Jean-Marc 
Mouiller: Behind the Mask of the Ripper starring Sherlock Holmes, Harry Dickson
Christofer 
Nigro: Justice and the Beast starring Judex, Doctor Cornelius, Professor Tornada
Pierrick 
Rival: The Inn of the First Voyage starring Long John Silver, Surcouf
Frank 
Schildiner: Ancient Space Lizards and Other Visitors starring Jean Kariven, Gussie Fink-Nottle
Sam 
Shook: The Eldritch Stones starring Sar Dubnotal, Chandu, El Borak
Michel 
Stéphan: The Submarine "Gustave Le Rouge" starring William Boltyn, Dr. Moreau
Artikel 
Unbekannt : Leonox Meets Mephista starring Mephista, Leonox
David L. 
Vineyard: The White Star of Atlantis starring Arsène Lupin, Terence O'Rourke
Jared 
Welch: The Piano Maidens starring Eugenie Danglars, The Black Coats
Once again I am last by virtue of the Alphabet.

The Piano Maidens is much more like the kinds of stories I generally like to write then my prior two TOTS contributions.  Because I generally like to write female leads/POV characters, and also really like including LGBT representation in my stories.  This story is also a dialogue driven one, no action.

The story stars Eugenia Danglars and Louise d'Armilly from Alexandre Dumas' The Count of Monte-Cristo.  They are Lesbians who were removed from the oldest English Translation of the Novel as well as most adaptations.  But they are fully restored in the Penguin Classics translation.  And in Matthew Baugh's The Vampire Count of Monte-Cristo.

I am depicting both of these characters as exclusively Monosexually Homosexual.  In my Headcanon for these characters, and actual Canon of any stories I write, neither ever has or ever will be intimate with a man.

Like all TOTS stories it's also a crossover, It features and mentions a lot of both fictional and historical figures.  It's a very Nerdy story.

I include a number of little Easter eggs only fellow PLL will get.

I hope actual Lesbians will be able to enjoy how I write these characters.  So if any LGBT people read this story and has any criticism of it, please feel free to let me know.  I'd really, really appreciate it if by some off chance Heather Hogan did a review of it.

The Book will come out this December, please buy the book, BlackCoatPress does a lot of important work, they deserve more success.

Other works from the same Publisher that should interest those of us who want more Female representation in Genre Fiction include Rick Lai's Shadows of The Opera and Sisters of The Shadows series.  And Nina Cooper's translations of some early female lead detective and spy stories.  And I of course always recommend Paul Feval as translated by Brian Stableford.

No comments:

Post a Comment