Sunday, June 4, 2017

Zombie Anime 2: Moe Boogaloo

Last November I discussed the first well known Zombie Anime.  And for context talked about my relationship with the Zombie genre in general.  Last night I watched the other more recent one, School Live.

School Live is not a major offender in the Anime Fanservice department.  And in general more fits my taste in Anime by being Cute Girls doing Cute Things, with plenty of Yuri subtext.

But also compared to other Zombie fiction.  While HOTD repeats one of my issues with the Dawn of the Dead remake.  School Live is more like the appeal of the original Dawn of The Dead, these characters make the School their Castle.

My favorite character is probably Kurumi, she's the muscle of the group, distinguishing it further from HOTD where everyone happens to be a Bad@$$.

That's about all I can say without spoiling it.  Well it technically spoiled the first episode to reveal it's a Zombie show up front, but that effect only existed on it's actual debut day, if ever.

I gave it a 9 out of 10 on MAL.  And I definitely like it more then High School of The Dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment