Thursday, August 31, 2017

What do I find Sexy in Anime?

Both Digibro and Mother's Basement have done videos where they express an opinion that Anime shouldn't try to be sexual or fanservicy unless it goes all out with it.  That there is no point is doing it at all unless you go "Balls to the Wall" with it.  That it's insulting to the audience to pretend it can have "good taste".

But I can't disagree more on that.

Now I firmly agree with Digibro's philosophy he's expressed in some of his recent Let's Plays that society needs to more normalize talking about sex.  My Sola Scirptura Christian Liberty blog is partly dedicated to Biblically arguing for more healthy attitudes towards sex.  So I don't want to shame people who are turned on by stuff that is very raunchy and not at all subtle.

And I don't want to imply my tastes are better then anyone Else's by calling it more "tasteful" or of higher class.  I'm just arguing that lots of stuff they may write off as "half assing it", or "coping out", are exactly what turns me on the most, and I'm sure there are others similar to me.

And plenty of what they complained about at the same time as making this statement also kind of annoys me too.  So what I mean is pretty nuanced.

What I find Sexy, like my preferences in movies and Anime in general, are very reflective of my "Less is More" and "What you don't see can be more impactful then what you do" philosophy of fictional story telling.

The sexiest scene I've seen in 2017 Anime, including the actual Hentai I've watched, is in the first episode of Masamune-Kun's Revenge.  When Aki Adagaki walks into Makabe's classroom, first sits on his desk, in a way that shows off her legs, then finds the boy she actually came for, sits on another desk and crosses her legs.   It has a lot to do with my being a Leg Man, but I also like that she was clearly intentionally showing off her legs.  She was confident and in control and I'm into that.

Unfortunately, as the show progressed it did not allow her to maintain that.  I realize the premise of the show implies up front we can expect the tables to be turned on her at some point, and I can be turned on by scenarios like that.  But they choose to "defrost" her with the typical Harem Anime cliches.  So I dropped it after episode 7.

Kampfer is an Anime I really enjoyed.  It has a lot of the Anime Style Fanservice I find annoying.  But also scenes that do appeal to me.  Shizuku is a great character, very cool and sexy.  And *Spoiler Alert* is one of the best Femme Fatales in Anime.

The scene in the second episode of the OVA where Shizuku uses her foot to play with Natsuru under the table is the Hottest thing I've ever seen in any Anime.  And in the main series there are good moments too.

Aria of the Scarlet Ammo is mostly stuff I don't like in it's fanservice.  But some scenes with Riko Mine really appeal to me.  AA is fortunately much less fanservicy.

So, hopefully that should give you a taste of what my taste is, if anyone has any similar recommendations I'd greatly appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment