Tuesday, April 9, 2019

So what will I be watching this Spring?

There's only one show I'm willing to watch Subbed if it gets no Simuldub, and that's the new Kunihiko Ikuhara show, Sarazanmai.  MAL currently says it's only getting 11 episodes, this frustrates me, Ikuhara's style needs the time drag things out, the fact that his shows keep getting shorter is part of why they keep getting weaker.

It seems like it's not gonna get a Simuldub, one hasn't been announced yet, but who knows.  It premiers April 12th, I might wait to give it time to see if it gets one.  Because if it does I don't want my enjoyment of the Dub cast to be tainted by any comparisons to the Japanese voices.  Of course the only time that's ever hurt my ability to enjoy a Dub was Revue Starlight which I wound up not liking that much in the end anyway, it's basically a poor imitation of Ikuhara.

Everything else to interest me right now seems to have a confirmed FUNimation Simuldub already, but things could change.

Demon Slayer:Kimetsu no Yaiba has my attention since it has Yuki Kajiura on the Music, but in general it doesn't look like my kind of show, not in my current mood anyway.
[Apparently I jumped to conclusions and this show might not be getting Simuldubbed, if not then I'll probably wait to check it out.]

Fairy Gone I'm gonna consider simply because Arkada says he thinks it might be kinda like Witch Hunter Robin, and he's seemingly the only person on AniTube who shares my nostalgia for that show.

Isekai Quartet should also be fun, if only Mini Toji could have gotten Dubbed.

Some other stuff being SimulDubbed I might also check out, it depends.  Even the Isekai shows are no longer a guarantee after both Summer lost my attention and then Shield Hero wore on my patience.  Slime Incarnation was great though, since I'm still mostly optimistic for the genre.

A few times I've been optimistic that I might wind up liking to completion more shows then any prior season, but wind up finishing only 3 or 4, and then for Winter 2019 literally none that actually started in January.  Of course given how much enjoyment I got from revisiting shows I originally didn't finish in 2017 maybe I should stop giving up so easily.  But I keep giving Ulysses from 2018 a second chance only to instantly regret it.

Star Twinkle PreCure still has me on board.  But when it reaches the slow point most PreCure shows have in the middle of the year, I'm not sure I'll be able to stick by this one as well as I did Hugtto.

On the stuff that isn't from this season agenda.  I'm trying to finally watch Nanoha StrikerS, and considering that I should give Katana Maidens a re-watch if I wanna stand by calling it the best show of 2018, and in the process I'll try to find time for Mini Toji.

It's also vital I catch up on Symphogear before July starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment