Tuesday, June 11, 2019

It's #BATTINSON time

A week ago Robert Pattinson was officially announced as the new Batman, I didn't even know he was rumored till today.  A new Batman actor was announced and it was a WEEK before I heard about it.  This would never have happened five years ago.  But during that period when I hadn't come to terms with BvS I stopped following most Superhero news at all and dove deeper and deeper into Anime trying to make it so I was pretty much only following Anime stuff on Twitter.

I have not seen him in anything that isn't a Twilight movie.  I will give him a fair shake

He's in his 30s which on the one hand should alleviate my fears we'll be getting another young still learning Batman.  But he's not that much older then Bale was in 2004.

Apparently back in August it was announced this film isn't an Origin Story, but I don't even want him having been doing it for only a year or so either.  I want a Batman who's young enough that we're no where near DKR territory but who is already a veteran at what he's doing.  That's the Batman we still haven't gotten in a proper Live Action movie besides the Shumackers.

The film currently in production is apparently defined as a "Noir driven story".  That can mean a lot of things, in my view The Dark Knight is the best modern Film Noir Hollywood has given us.  But if it focuses on Batman as a detective more then any prior Live Action Batman movie has I'll be happy, that is definitely the main aspect of the character we haven't seen properly on the Silver Screen yet.

We got two years to wait for that.  Right now I'm getting annoyed we still lack a proper trailer for the Birds Of Prey movie that comes out in less then a year.  To what extent is that and the Suicide Squad sequel even still in the same universe?

No comments:

Post a Comment