Wednesday, October 16, 2019

2019 has been a slow Anime year for me.

Looking at the fall 2019 season, nothing already set for a Simuldub is of interest to me currently, which surprises me.  The few shows I'm hoping will get a Simuldub or any Dub fairly soon include nothing I'm super excited for.

So far I haven't given out a single 10 this year, and only a few in 2018, one of which being a show I might demote.

I'm starting to wonder if it'd be a good idea for me to take a semi break from Anime for awhile.

I think the most under appreciated show of 2019 is YU-NO: A girl who chants love at the bound of this world, that show is not perfect but I found it very very interesting and unique, I think it's a shame most people overlooked it back in the Spring season.

Symphogear XV and Accelerator were both pretty good though.

I feel bad about currently giving Sarzanmai as low as a 7, I haven't kept my promise to watch it's Dub yet, I ought to get on that and hopefully it'll go up then.

I just gave a three episode test to Isekai Cheat Magician, which is getting a weekly Dub right after it's Japanese broadcast ended.  It has a pretty decent start.

I talked before about 2011 being the beginning of my personal golden age of Anime, I'm starting to wonder if 2017 was the last year of it.

Of course the last few months my mind has been on a lot of other things.

3 comments:

  1. There's Legend of the Galactic Heroes season 2 streaming right now. It just got announced for a SimulDub yesterday, so that should be good.

    Otherwise, yeah. Not much interesting me apart from that and MHA s4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the new LOTGH was going to have movies instead of a season 2. That is good news, I also just watched and enjoyed the pilot of Azur Lane.

      Delete
    2. What's great is that the dub for LOGH s2 is airing very soon on Nov 14. I can't wait for that.

      Delete