Saturday, August 1, 2020

Augustus Month 2020 begins

Well I’ve finally gotten to episode 12 of Tower of God

Bam and Rachel were actually a percentage of this episode’s runtime.  I think it’s interesting how that moment dominates the discussion of this show’s gender politics when we also have the Princesses of Jihad teaming up against an enforcer of their literal Patriarch.

As far as what Rachel did goes, we won’t really get an explanation till next week which is the season finale.

The final episode of The 8th Son was also pretty decent.  I’ve alluded to the perhaps unintentional similarities to King David before, but when viewed as a re-imagining of David’s basic story in a different context I think it holds up better than that NBC TV show Kings from over a decade ago.

Hamefura was a fun show with a fun ending.

With Railgun T I may decide to just wait till it’s all dubbed and binge the later half of the season.  But it also seems possible Railgun T will be the only thing I want to watch once Tower of God finishes at all. 

None of the new Summer shows interest me, and I will wait for the Dubs for the new seasons of SAO and ReZero no matter how long they take.  So this tag could wind up taking another break.

No comments:

Post a Comment