Sunday, April 24, 2022

I'm following 10 current Simuldubs.

Kind of exciting after following very little for the last few months.

Now in the past when I've excited about finding a good number of current shows to follow, I've never actually watched all of them to completions.  And this could be the same, never underestimate the ablity of a show that had me impressed at the to eventually lose me.  

As the title says they're all Simuldubs, and there are a couple other recent shows I might try binging when their Dubs are finished, I also intend to try Bubble when it drops on Netflix.  If I decide to try watching a current or recent season show Subbed it'll be either The Executioner and Her way of Life and/or World's End Harem.  But that shall not be the focus for this post.

I'm not promising a return to regularly posting updates on my current seasonal viewings, only when I feel I have something to say will this Gaiden tag be revived.

For Monday I'll be watching Lupin III Part 6 which I actually haven't properly started yet, but Lupin is a franchise I consider reliable.

For Tuesday I'm watching The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising The Nation out of Debt which has actually already reached it's second half.  What intrigues me most is learning the Anti Flahm Racism and how that effects this world's geopolitics, it could wind up being the subject of it's own post, or an important example for a broader subject.

I have 2 shows of Wednesday.

In The Land of Leadale which I learned has the same director as Isekai Smartphone, which to my pleasant surprise had a season 2 announced recently.  It's a fun show but don't' expect any think pieces about it.  It also only has two episodes left, so little chance I'll be dropping it.

Estab Life: Great Escape is my first time watching a show with this particular commonly hated on CG Animation style.  As I watched the pilot episode I got used to it quite quickly actually.  It's also got hella Yuri so I'm optimistic it could be the show to finally earn this style some respect.

For Thursday it's season 3 of Legend of The Galactic Heroes: The New Thesis, it's high quality as the show always was, I'm glad I haven't seen the original and thus can discus this new remake without a comparison filter.  Three episodes are out already and they cover some good stuff.

The Friday docket is Love After World Domination, it's a very fun and cute premise that should be appealing to fans of Power Rangers.

Saturday has three shows, not only that but all three drop deep into the afternoon, I'm sometimes asleep by then.

Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie is an adorable Romantic Comedy with some Milo Murphy's Law going on and some subtle Femdom vibes.

SPY x FAMILY seems to be the designated top Meme Generator for the season, so I'm glad to be following one only a week behind for a change.  Trixie The Golden Witch has a good video on the show but ti keeps getting taken down by copyright BS so I hope it's still up when people get to read this.  Trixie isn't a Dub person though, and as a Dub person I can comment on how "Act Normally" is inherently funny to me because of PLL.  The show might also appeal to people who liked Mr & Mrs Smith.

takt op.Destiny is a show from last year but the Simuldub just started.  I found all three central characters entertaining, and I also got a kick out of the Pilot featuring a setting common to fiction but not necessarily Anime, a midwestern Truck Stop road side Dinner that still has a mildly 50s Aesthetic.  A very specific slice of Americana.

But it's the Sunday show that I really wasn't expecting to be as fascinating as it's first two episodes wound up being, Trapped In A Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs.

The reincarnated as an Otome game Villainess genre really should be and is compelling for the premise of rethinking the Villainess's perspective.  but the only entry in that genre to actually get an Anime so far, Hamefura, as fun as it was did none of that, so far as it appears the real Katerina was destined to be a rotten person before a random Japanese School Girl just stole her life.

This show is NOT that specific sub genre, but actually is putting some thought into the villainess's perspective.  It's drawing attention to how the universe is basically Reverse NTRing her.

That's all my thoughts from episode 2 however, Episode 1 was vert fun but I maybe would have forgotten about it if I hadn't watched it when Episode 2 had already dropped.

No comments:

Post a Comment