Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Septimal Anniversaries of Spring 2017 Anime

This is a follow up to the beginning of my series on revisiting 2017 Anime.

I’m not gonna structure this the same as I did my coverage of Winter.  First I’m gonna talk about what I remember I was actually watching at the time. 

It’s still true that most are on CR but Dubs are less guaranteed.

Twin Angel Break I found to be a neat little Magical Girl show that stood on its own quite well despite being a sequel to shows I hadn’t already seen yet.

Eromanga-Sensei was Fun Trash, very Trashy but Fun.

Attack on Titan season 2 I watched on Adult Swim so it was Summer when I finished it. I don’t regret my time spent with the first three ‘seasons” of AoT but the “Final Season” lost me quickly.  From a Yuri standpoint this is the season that had the most YumiKuri.

Those are the three TV Anime I watched to completion as they aired.  I also saw the Washio Sumi movies as soon as they became available to me, I no longer remember exactly when that was, they were good.

Clockwork Planet I watched maybe half of as it aired then dropped it for a while but wound up finishing it in 2023.  It’s a neat, fun show with an out there SciFi premise you can guess from the title.

Grimoire of Zero I’m pretty sure I did watch and finish before 2017 was over, it’s a good non Isekai Fantasy show that doesn’t even feel like a Quasi Isekai either, I highly recommend it. It’s on HIDIVE.

Little Witch Academia I already talked about, I’d seen more then half before 2017 was over but didn’t finish it till years later.

And I’m pretty sure that’s it for any TV Anime of this season I’d even partly seen before 2017 was over.  Besides the ones still on my dropped list but I don’t feel like mentioning them.

WorldEnd: What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us? Is another good Fantasy show that isn't’ Isekai or Quasi Isekai but also different from Grimoire. So I highly recommend it as well to Fantasy Fans.

Sword Oratoria is a spin off of DanMachi, a show I haven’t seen, yet it stands on its own well enough.  It’s the closest to a Quasi Isekai the first half of 2017 provided.  I won’t recommend it as highly but I enjoyed it.  It’s on HIDIVE.

ReCreators I also talked about in the first post of this series and others even older than that.  I didn’t watch it until 2023.  I don’t have more to say on it right now. [Update: I apologize for not knowing when I first posted this that Re;Creators was no longer on Amazon PrimeVideo, there is no no way to legally watch it.]

In the OVA department was Kase-san, which is good but I prefer my Yuri to be a little trashier. I think 2018 was when I saw it near when I saw it’s longer follow up which I have the same opinion on.

April had the 21st Detective Conan movie The Crimson Love Letter which I first saw in 2022 by digitally renting it on PrimeVideo.  I like all the Detective Conan movies but we are in their weakest era here and I don’t have anything special to say about this one.

ChaoS;Child Silent Sky isn’t really a movie but more of a bonus epilogue episode to the series I talked about in Winter.  It's not Dubbed so I haven’t rewatched it as much, it’s interesting but I don’t have anything to say about it right now.  They aren't needed, the ending of the series is satisfying enough on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment