Friday, August 12, 2016

There is a 97.6% chance of failure.

There may very well be.

I was a little bugged by this trailer, many will love it, it's more similar to the style of TFA's trailers then the last one.

First is the line I mentioned in the title.  Part of Star Wars is repeating themes I know, but there is something so on the nose about how they want us to think of that iconic line I've seen two different images use to make fun of Fi from Skyward Sword, that it took me right out of the trailer.

At the same time, it's that this doesn't seem to be being played humorously.

I just did a post on my concerns with future Star Wars films being too Dark.  And this definitely felt like it was going for a Dark tone.

But, I'm not as bothered by darkness here as I am for post ROTJ stuff.

The thing about TFA is that (as much as I enjoyed it) increasingly doesn't sit well with me, is how it virtually takes away the happy ending of Episode VI.  As much as I was never into the old EU, now called Legends, it seems like they told interesting new adventures, without taking away that happy ending.

Star Wars can get dark certainly, but I feel like the Galaxy's darkest hour should begin in the middle of Episode III and end in Episode VI.  But since TFA it doesn't seem that way anymore.

There is a moment at about 1:05 or 1:06 where the score sounds to me a little like Elfman's Batman score.

The big thing is seeing Vader.  I thought it was meh.

I like seeing an Asian character finally, and seeing more of that the Force is revealed by non Jedi.

No comments:

Post a Comment