Tuesday, February 19, 2019

The Battle Angel Alita movie was pretty darn good.

I've learned you should take glowing reviews I make when I just left the theater with a grain of salt since I tend to leave high off the cinema going experience in general.  Yet the movies I've soured on after time passed tended be ones where I already had an investment in that intellectual property going in, here I did not.

I haven't seen the OVA or read any of the Manga, so I'm also the perspective of someone judging this off just the movie on it's own.

It's a beautiful film, the Mo-Cap main Heroine never came off uncanny to me at all.

What I like best is that even though this is an adaptation of an edgy 90s OVA, I feel this version with the gore toned down and the characterization/story fleshed out is a better representation of what Anime is like now.  So for that reason I can recommend it to normies way before I can Devilman Crybaby.

I also loved how the Motorball game's announcer sounded like he's the same guy who did the Pod Race.  Speaking of which how similar is Motorball to Blitzball in Final Fantasy X?

No comments:

Post a Comment