Thursday, March 7, 2019

I was mentioned in a YouTube Video

From the channel Charles Q Banks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwPvut34kkQ&t

It starts by citing a Comment I'd left on a prior video, unfortunately what I said was misunderstood, so I'll share here the comments I left.
Woah, this begins with citing me, I was not expecting that. I wasn't referring to morality at all, I was just referring to people who don't like it compared to the old FMA, it seems to be similar to Sailor Moon Crystal and Hellsing Ultimate in being more rigidly faithful to the Manga. I only used the word Abomination to be over-dramatic, I guess I should've known that might be misunderstood. If you've only seen Brotherhood you may want to try the older Anime.
I haven't watched any incarnation of FMA yet, right now I'm not looking forward to hearing Vic Migonogna's voice. He apparently had trouble accepting Ed being an Atheist, but that's the least of why people are mad at him right now.
I like Jesus Christ Superstar, I'm not overly concerned with how compatible the fiction I consume is with my faith, I just look for what does work with it, hence my Higurashi observations.
And I like plenty of stuff with Alchemy and Hermetic Magick in it, like the Fate/ franchise, and now A Certain Magical Index
 I have become increasingly aware of people who feel the opposite about Brotherhood. Again I haven't seen any version yet, but I know these people often similarly prefer Hellsing Ulitmate over the original Hellsing Anime, which is certainly not to my tastes. So looking at the general trend of these more faithful to the Manga reboots I tend to prefer the older Animes.
Mother's Basement said in one video (I forget which one) that he prefers Brotherhood overall but prefers the old Anime for the early part of the story, in particular the Nina story-line which was apparently just a one off episode in Brotherhood.
It is a pretty interesting YouTube channel, has one of the few reviews of Lilith I've found.

No comments:

Post a Comment