Tuesday, March 26, 2019

My recommended viewing order for Raildex Anime.

My recommended viewing order for Raildex Anime is not identical to either the release order or the chronological order.

It's possible only one of these two shows will actually appeal to you, they are kind of barely even the same genre, and different approaches have been taken in how to adapt them.  The Railgun Anime seems to be more popular then the Index Anime, but in the source material Index definitely sells more books.  This is partly because Railgun expands on it's source material while Index tends to cut a lot (even more so for the new season it seems).  If you can only enjoy one that's fine.  Especially since I feel Railgun has a much better chance at being a good gateway Anime then Index, I think to people who were big fans of PLL Railgun is perhaps the perfect Anime to start with.

Misty Chronexia did a video breaking down what the chronological order should be if you wanna know.

I will probably need to update this once Railgun season 3 is out, Misty will likewise need to update his guide.  But I might be able to guess.

My recommended viewing order is.

A Certain Scientific Railgun, season 1
A Certain Magical Index, season 1
A Certain Scientific Railgun S
A Certian Scientific Accelerator, season 1
The first 7 episodes of Index season 2
A Certain Magical Index: The Miracle of the Endymion (The Movie)
The rest of Index season 2.
(I suspect when Railgun 3 is out I'd place it here being consistent with the above pattern.)
A Certain Magical Index season 3.

There is one issue to starting with Railgun season 1 I should mention.   Episode 2 should be skipped, it is filler, and is not a good first impression for a character I greatly like.  I prefer that episode to be treated as non Canon if possible.  There are a couple Anime tropes at play here I don't like but have more tolerance for then others.

Update October 7th 2019: I didn't need to wait for Accelerator too end to know where I'd place it.  It's relationship to the Index series is about the same place I think it falls chronologically.

No comments:

Post a Comment