Thursday, December 29, 2022

End of the Year Anime Update

On Monday I watched the first episode of Eminence in Shadow on HIDIVE and today I did the same for Reincarnated as a Sword now that their Dubs are started, then I watched the 9th Detective Conan OVA putting my MAL Total Entries number to 1000 and my Completed list to 750.

Detective Conan has been a big part of my 2022 Anime experience, first diving in back in January, then going through another period where I focused largely on that show specifically.  I've now seen all the Theatrically released movies, a good chink of OVAs and Specials and more episodes of the show proper then I've bothered to keep track of.  A new episode should drop on News Eve making some Detective Conan part of how I'll end the year as well.

But I've also watched a lot of other stuff,  I completed Boochie The Rock last Saturday and returned Beast Tamer to my Currently Watching list.  

Other stuff I've watched since my last Updates post include all of Jobless Reincarnation and The Hidden Dungeon only I can Enter, all of Kaguya-Sama Love is War and what was left of Rent-A-Girlfriend, and also Love Live season 2.  Also the third Girls Un Panzer Das Finale went up on HIDIVE, I think I'd already seen the second Princess Principal Crown Handler movie.

Looking forward for 2023 I want to further do what I talked about in those posts I did on Early 2000s Anime.  2003 is arguably the last year of the early 2000s so next will be the year of the entirely of what can be described that way turning at least 20 years ago.  I'll look for stuff I haven't seen yet to finally watch, but also re-watch some of what I already like and try to watch more.  Noir and Witch Hunter Robin are both on Crunchyroll now, subbed and dubbed so that should make each of them more accessible.

That won't be all I'm doing though, I'll keep following what's currently airing, a few shows I already know are on the agenda.  And probably based on when I feel like it watching and re-watching stuff from other eras as well.

I think I'll spend what's left of this year trying to test more Isekai Re-watchability as I mentioned wanting to do in my last post.

I'm finally more motivated to try .hack/sign again then I ever was before but it's not legally streaming anyway.

Update: I went and watched Orbital Children on Netflix before the year was over as well, it was good.

Also I was wrong there isn't a new Detective Conan episode on New Years Eve, it's taking the week off.

No comments:

Post a Comment