Saturday, March 16, 2024

Some more Anime Writers

So there are some Anime Writers I've taken note of now that I don't think I've spotlighted on this Blog before.  For all of them I still haven't seen everything they've written.

Code Geass was for a long time my second favorite Anime, and it still securely has a place in my top 10, and since it's an Anime Original I figured I should take a look at it's writers.

Ichiro Okouchi was probably the head writer of Code Geass, more recently he was the head writer on Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch From Mercury.  He wrote 5 episodes of RahXephon and 10 episodes of Angelic Layer and Princess Principial.  He also wrote much of Lupin III Part V which seems to be most people's favorite Lupin project of the last decade.  Two things he's written for I haven't watched but which are notable are Lupin Zero and Kabenari of The Iron Fortress.

Another notable writer for Code Geass was Hiroyuki Yoshino, he also wrote the Anime for My-Hime and My-Otome, and some of the notable Anime original content for Raildex like the Miracle of The Endymion movie and much of the Febri arc.  He has the Series Composition credit for Izetta: The Last Witch but no individual episodes.  He's written a lot of stuff I still haven't seen yet but might in the future.

Another key writer on Witch From Mercury was Yasuhiro Nakanishi who was also a lead writer on My Love Story with Yamada-Kun at lv999 probably the most underrated RomCom Anime of 2023 and an upcoming Isekai called No Longer Allowed In Another World.  Also Kaguya-Sama Love Is War but I don't know how much Anime Original Content that series even has.

No comments:

Post a Comment