Monday, July 22, 2024

Jobless Reincarnation and Polygamy

When I wrote about why In Another World With My Smartphone is still the best Poly Anime, the closing episodes of Jobless Reincarnation season 2 hadn’t aired yet.  I as a Dub watcher waited till it was all done to binge the last 6 episodes.

Light Novel fans however knew this was coming and if they saw my post at all were perhaps annoyed at me being so presumptive. Thing is I still like Smartphone the best actually, but this has things going for it that I can see why some would consider it better.

The Polygamy in Isekai so often comes with the convenient explanation of how perfectly legal and accepted it is in this world.  Here however we see that Polygamy is still disapproved of by the dominant religion, so some degree of cultural Intolerance is implied.

And I know what the responses to my argument for why I prefer the idea starting with the girls is if it’s going to be specifically Polygynous.  The difficult situation of being a guy asking for it is exactly the challenging part some people want to see a protagonist have to deal with.

Thing is in the pilots of those recent shows with Girlfriend in the name, it’s done so quickly and so comically that it doesn’t feel very relatable to how such things usually happen in real life.

Jobless Reincarnation However by spending around 50 episodes building up to it actually created a version of that scene that does potentially feel real.

No comments:

Post a Comment