Sunday, July 28, 2024

Nokotan's Subs vs Dub

Due to the unique circumstances of Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan aka My Deer Friend Nokotan I've actually been following both it's Sub and Dub.

And going against my usual biases I am in fact preferring the Sub.

The Dub is not as bad as I'm sure some people will say it is.  But the issue is that like the 50 Episodes of Detective Conan aka Case Closed dubbed on Tubi last year it's largely a Miami based cast different from what we're used to.

I am to new VAs a chance, but a lot of times these Miami ones are really the particulars of how Anime is dubbed.

Both with DC on Tubi and this show a lot of it sounds fine but a lot of it sounds awkward.

With DC on Tubi I was kind of in denial how much I disliking it, I really wanted to just appreciate finally getting more Conan Dubbed.  But at this point I'd rather they focused on getting official Subs for everything CR has skipped before trying to Dub anymore.

Nokotan's comedic slice of life wackiness oddly makes it easier for me to watch Subbed then a lot of other shows, like how Engaged to the Unidentified and Yuru Yuri were among the first seasonally I ever watched Subbed.  

Still this kind of show cna be dubbed well, Azumanga Daioh, Paniponi Dash, Lucky Star, Nichijou all have great Dubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment