Monday, July 1, 2024

Septimal Anniversaries of Summer 2017 Anime

 First an update, what I’ve seen of Winter 2017 has recently increased. This June I watched all of Nanoha ViVid and Vivid Strike including its OVA specials from January-March of 2017.

The Summer of 2017 is definitely a big part of my early Anime fandom development.

In Another World With My Smartphone season 1 remains a personal favorite show of mine.
https://mithrandirolorin.blogspot.com/2024/05/isekai-smartphone-is-still-best-polly.html

Fate/Apocrypha has similarly refused to leave my mind.  Astolfo is that show's biggest contribution to Pop Culture, but it seems in time other characters have started getting the appreciation they deserve as well.

Classroom of The Elite is a show I still enjoy even though I’m not gonna be a huge evangelist for it.  Its 2nd and 3rd seasons did not disappoint.

Princess Principal is another show that has held up on rewatch quite nicely, Yuki Kagiura music plus how it reminds me of my Paul Feval/Shadowmen interests adds to it’s personal appeal to me.

Can’t forget the second half of Re:Creators, it too should have been an instant classic.  It’s unfortunately no longer on Amazon PrimeVideo, there is now no way to legally watch it in English.

Vatican Miracle Examiner is a show I haven't finished but I still highly recommend it based on its opening 4 episode arc alone, it’s a great B Movie Horror premise.  Fortunately it’s still on Amazon Prime Video.

New Game!! is a show I’m disappointed hasn’t stayed in the Anime public consciousness more, its hype at the time felt like it was shaping up to be the leading Cute Girls Doing Cute Things as Adults show.

Gamers! Is the TV Anime from this season I took an interest in most recently.  It’s like a Gender Flipped version of Jane Austen’s Emma for Gamers and Otaku.

Netsuzou TRap is a show I was too hard on when it first aired.  I finally just watched it in June and it’s great.

Hina Logic: From Luck & Logic is a cute fun little kinda Yuri Magical Girl show that's been unfortunately forgotten.

Kakeguri season 1 I enjoyed but still haven’t seen season 2 of. 

Symphogear AXZ is obviously great if you saw the prior seasons.

Action Heroine Cheer Fruits I’ve still only seen one episode of so don’t feel like commenting on too much.

I’ve seen 5 movies from this season but none are entirely stand alone.  

Pokémon I Choose You I wound up deciding is pretty fun in its early parts but gets more mixed over time.  

No Game No Life Zero is neat.

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya Movie: Sekka no Chikai aka Vow in The Snow is fantastic.

I also in June finally rewatched the Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Reflection and Detonation movies, they hold up pretty well.

The last of the Washio Sumi movies was of course good.

No comments:

Post a Comment