Full name There's no freaking way I'll be your Lover! Unless...
This was somewhat hyped in 2025, but that it was going for an actual Poly resolution was not something I recalled coming up. As much as I am a long time Yuri fan I have spent the last few years feeling less obligated to watch every Yuri, especially when so many are still not even being Dubbed.
I have talked on this blog before about by enthusiasm for Polly Anime of all form but also wanting them to come in more forms then just some variation of 1 guy and multiple girls. Even the excellent Dusk Beyond the End of The World as much as it wants it's world building to be about more then that the main trio we're following is still 1 guy and two girls.
So a Yuri Anime with a true Threesome resolution is something I wish I'd heard about sooner.
This is still only the start. I want more Yuri Polycules but I also want Yaoi Threesomes and Polyandry and a Polycule form of Anime's common 3 girls and 2 boys School Club dynamic. And also some with Non Binary characters.
I would like to see an Anime adaptation of the Light Novel/Manga Kono△Love Comedy wa Shiawase ni Naru Gimu ga Aru by Chihiro Haruna it is a 1 guy and 2 girls Threesome in the end but the girls are explicitly unambiguously also in love with each other (there is some slander going around right now that this is a Homophobic story turning the girls' straight, that is not what happens). It is a good story, you can argue the Threesome nature of the resolution felt abrupt, but I think it worked.
Getting back to Wartnare. Besides having this satisfying ending it's a good build up, lots of Comedy and Drama and all the characters are fun. Where the Anime currently ends it's just a Threesome but it seems like it could expand to a full 5 person Polycule.
So this is now tied with In Another World With My Smartphone for being the best Poly Anime.
No comments:
Post a Comment