It more then lived up the Hype. It made me Cry more then once.
I don't have the ability to judge it as an adaptation, I don't think adaptation is the best word anymore, more like Reimagining. It does justice to the legacy of the original in exactly the metatextual way I was hoping.
There is no exposition about Saphir having a Heart of Both a Boy and a Girl, but she is still called a Knight, from my perspective the original Androgyny is still there. It's just a lot of the traits that were inherently masculine for a Anime Girl in the 60s have been more commonly Anime Girl traits since.
I love the line that's an Attack of The Clones reference.
There are also parts of this film that look like what an Anime adaptation of The Fall of Gondolin could look like.
I gave a 10/10 and am currently listing it as a Faveorite on my Anilist.
No comments:
Post a Comment