Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Starting 2019 by looking back at my following of Seasonal Anime

Right now I feel like the early part of 2018 was the best, Katana Maidens was the show of the year, Citrus probably the Single Core show I got the most enjoyment out of, Deathmarch was on the better end of the Isekai we got, and I enjoyed FranXX including it's ending.

But a year ago I felt similarly about 2017 between Dragon Maid, Tanya, A.C.C.A. and Gabriel Dropout.  But now I feel like In Another World With My Smartphone from the Summer was the 2017 show that stuck with me the most, and Fate/Apocrypha has grown stronger whenever I revisit it.

Also right now I feel like 2017 was a better year for Anime then 2018, but that's based on my not watching or finishing a lot of the popular shows, including waiting for the Dub for Lupin III Part 5.

For 2017 I can now say I've watched a lot I didn't when they aired, for 2018 that won't be the case for awhile.

I started watching Anime as it aired technically in 2016, with Sailor Moon Crystal season III, but that I didn't follow by the usual means.  Mainly it was the fall season with Izetta and Flip Flappers, I loved both those shows but I haven't felt too compelled to revisit them.

I've defined my era of Anime as starting with 2011, but I don't want to be someone who winds up feeling like my era ended right when I started following current Anime.

Maybe it's simply normal for me to not know for sure how I feel about a show till I can can look back on it's place in Anime history.  Or maybe I need to give more re-watch time to the 2017 and 2018 shows I liked.

Going forward, I intend to wait to actually start the Winter 2019 season, allow enough time to pass that I can binge whole arcs of even the Simuldubs.

If you want to look at my 2018 experience in real time then go over my Anime Weekly Updates tag.

Till then I'll be finishing Food/StayNight, Slime Incarnation, Hugtto and Magical Index III while trying to find time to do more re-watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment