Monday, December 31, 2018

Final Anime Weekly Update, Including Pokemon.

As I said the goal of Anime Weekly Updates was mainly to do this for 2018 and I don’t think I’ll be continuing it in 2019.  Also for Winter 2019 I think I might wait a month or so before checking out the new shows, I think part of why I enjoyed Winter 2017 so much was that when I started it even the Simuldubs already had a handful of episodes each to binge.

On Friday I finally watched Pokemon The Power Of Us.  It was pretty good, I think this alternate continuity film series will do better now that it’s not condensing much of an 80 episode saga.  Though I do wish Ash had more Pokemon.

I think it took longer than any other film for us to see any Pokemon on screen, about 3 minutes.  I’m sure in Japan it was preceded by an amazing world of Pokemons segment and/or a Pikachu Short.  But it’s interesting that the Pre-Title screen segment wasn’t really about the Legendaries of this film at all but just introducing one of our new main human characters.

This female lead was pretty fun, I quite enjoyed her.  When she referred to her sibling as “Little Brother” I was quite shocked.  I want more Oneechans in Anime.

The film’s tie in to the new game is by prominently featuring an Eevee (since Pikachu is always there) and that worked out great, for being one of the most popular Pokemon it’s surprising it took this long for Eevee to get a lead role in a movie.

It looks like a defining feature of this alternate timeline series is going to be having a flashback where a Pokemon actually dies.  I can’t say I’m the biggest fan of that decision, but it works in the story better this time then it did in the first film.

I’m not going to this early on make any definitive statement on how I’d rank it.  I’ll just say it didn’t disappoint.

I also decided to finish Ms Vampire Who Lives In My Neighborhood, just binged the last three episodes.  It was a pretty satisfying show.

Turns out both the Slime Incarnation simuldub and Hugtto!PreCure took New Years off.

This is going to be my last blog post of 2018, so see ya in 2019 and Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment