Thursday, January 2, 2020

Anime 2020

I've decided for this year to try doing something similar to what I did with in 2018 with the Anime Weekly Updates tag.  I'm gonna try it again because it helped keep this blog active even when I lacked inspiration for more specific ideas.

This year of course I'm not gonna feel quite so obligated to make it a weekly schedule, though it may often play out that way, the goal however is just whenever I feel I have enough thoughts for a good update.  Because I mostly follow Simuldubs it may take a few weeks for it to properly start and then carry over into 2021.

This tag will chiefly be for Anime coming out this year, or at least Dubs that weren't available till this year.  I may sometimes comment on what old Anime I'm watching or re-watching, but I won't feel obligated to.  If one is interesting enough it'll probably get it's own post.

Right now I'm currently following 6 Simuldubes that carry over from Fall 2019.

Azur Lane, who's last couple episodes were delayed but I just watched episode 10 which was pretty good.

Assasin's Pride, which I may not finish, but unlike the AniTubers who decided to talk about it, I'm seeing it intentionally or not as more of a Shoujo Anime, almost a throw back to 90s Shoujo.

Fate/Grand Order: Absolute Demonic Front - Babylonia, which is proving to be a pretty entertaining show.

Kabukichou Sherlock aka Case File nº221:Kabukicho, which I genuinely think rivals Sherlock and Elementary as fascinating modern re-imagining of Sherlock Holmes.

CHOYOYU!: High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even In Another World! Is proving to be even more interesting then I expected.

Didn't I Say to Make my Abilities Average in the Next Life?  Is a very Cute Girls doing Cute Things Isekai show.

Now for what's coming in Winter of 2020.

My top priority is A Certain Scientific Railgun T which I'm confident will get Simuldubbed even though it's not announced yet due to how both IndexIII and Accelerator were.

Magia Record, the new Madoka Magica spin off is on Funimation but that page has been including stuff they aren't actually Dubbing lately.  The Madoka Franchise is generally Dubbed by Aniplex which means unless it gets on Adult Swim the Dub it will probably take awhile.

I will at least start Healing' Good PreCure when it starts in February, no guarantee I'll keep following it all year, I wound up dropping Star Twinkle around episode 12, nothing wrong with the show, I guess I just couldn't do the full PreCure thing two years in a row.

Since I did a post on The Clone Wars being like a Mecha show, maybe it'll include it in my winter 2020 coverage just for the fun of it.  Where ever I choose to talk about it I'll probably be making Anime comparisons anyway.

Right now that's all I know for certain I'm interested in for the Winter season.  I suspect others will catch my attention in due time.  For Spring I know I'll be keeping an eye out for that Otome Game Anime known as Hamefura.

I'm pretty sure Adult Swim will air SAO Alicization - War of Underwolrd at some point.  Same with the final season of Attack On Titan.  I don't know yet what the Lupin III project(s) for 2020 will be, but I wait for the Dubs no matter how long they take for those so I may not see any this year.  There are also two 2019 Lupin III projects we're still waiting for the Dubs for.

I'm hoping the Dub for Heaven's Feel Spring Song comes out in November like the prior two films.

No comments:

Post a Comment