Sunday, May 17, 2020

Anime 2020, Magia Record ends and Spring begins

Follow my Anime viewing in real time at these links..
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JaredMithrandir
https://twitter.com/JaredMithrandir
Also here is the introductory post for this series.
https://jaredmithrandirolorin.blogspot.com/2020/01/anime-2020.html

Railgun T episode 8 finally dropped, it was pretty good. Kihara was very much the indirect villain of everything that happened in the first two seasons, so him becoming the direct antagonist now will certainly help make these first three seasons feel kind of like a Trilogy.

With episode 13 the first core of Magia Record is over.

One thing I kept thinking as I watched this show was that it's more influenced by Ikuhara than the original.  There was clearly always some Utena influence, but this show seems like it’s clearly from people who’ve seen both Utena and Penguindrum.

I can’t help but be amused by the Triumph of the Will reference at the ending.

I’m starting to think this should have been binged.  I feel like I understand what’s going on less than I should.

I still can’t fully form an opinion on how this show relates to my general issues with the Madoka EU that I laid out in a previous post.

Some pilots for Spring 2020 Anime also finally got dubbed.

The 8th Son? Are you kidding me?  Is part of a trend of Isekai I’ve noticed where the Joke is that the wish fulfillment is really not all that desirable for some really specific reason.

Tower Of God was a pretty cool first episode, it definitely got my attention.

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom is the show I’ve been waiting for.  And this first episode was way better than I expected, I do not want to spoil the awesomeness of the ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment