Saturday, September 18, 2021

September slithers on, Anime Update

After episode 12 of HigurashiSotsu aired I saw some people on Twitter claiming there was censorship, but

I didn’t notice any and so figured that’s cause I watched it on Hulu.  But now episode 13 had some impossible

not to notice censorship on Hulu.


At any rate they are finally all caught up but with only 2 episodes left.  Will that actually be enough?


I decided to put HameFura X on hold before even reaching the middle of episode 4. It might be something I’ll

feel more like watching when I’m in a different mindset.  It is good, it fits in the thesis I presented at the start

of June, as this arc is basically Katerina flipping the villains the exact same way Usagi would.


Episode 16 of Million Lives Isekai was very good.  There may come a point when I get bored of this show too

, but this Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven arc has me compelled.  I feel like there is no limit to the number

of times you can remake that very simple premise into a different setting, it has some pretty universal themes

attached to it.  


For example you could have done a version during Aincrad in Sword Art Online, remember one of the themes

Reki put in SAO that wasn’t explored fully was the contrast between the Hardcore Gamers and the Casuals

who just happening to be playing this game at the wrong time.  You could map this premise onto that very easily.


Again none of the shows I expect on Saturday dropped this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment