Thursday, September 30, 2021

The End of September Anime Update

I watched the first three episodes of The Pet Girl of Sakura Hall. They were amusing but not sure how motivated I am to continue it.

I also gave Chaos;Head a second chance and this time I completed it and liked it.  The Rocker girl says a lot of stuff that sounds Christian, but that’s really because she’s processing all of this through a Western Fantasy Novel she read, I’d like to think of it as the work of an alternate World-Line C.S. Lewis, or maybe Geroge MacDonald.

Chaos;Child might be even better though.  It has quickly become one of those shows where everything I want to say about it is a spoiler that I don’t want spoiled.  Episode 10 really hits though.

I also started Kanon.  It’s unfortunate that new Anime fans are usually gonna wind up watching Anime based on Key Visual Novels in reverse their release order.  Kanon was probably a groundbreaking franchise in 2002-2006, but now it’s hard not to see it discount Clannad.

Battle Game in 5 Seconds episode 5 was very good once again.

The Saint’s Magic Power is Omnipotent episode 8 was also good.

Episode41 of SlimeIncarnation finally ended their Council of Elrond.

I then finished Kanon and gave it a 10/10, it’s really underrated, people who love Clannad will also love this.  I of course watched the 2006 two cour Anime form Kyoto Animation via its English Dub on Funimation’s website.  The single cour Toei Anime from 2002 doesn't have a Dub and so I didn’t and probably won’t bother.  The Dub was great, never listen to complainers.

Well HigurashiSotsu finally ended, and they played that song the VN Fanatics love so much.  I’m going to have to sit on this for a while still before coming to a true final verdict.

No comments:

Post a Comment