Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Anime Gaiden, upping The Halloween

I finished Princess Resurrection and it was fun.  Another Anime I recommend for Halloween season is last year's In/Spectre which you can watch Dubbed on HBOmax.

I decided to watch the Live Action Japanese movie Vampire Girl Vs Frankenstein Girl.  It was weird but entertaining. I should warn you however that there are Ganguro girls, and in live action they are not pleasant to look at.  It’s amusing to me how by 2009 the sympathetic Vampire trend had reached the point where they made a Dracula vs Frankenstein movie where the Frankenstein Monster was the villain.  

SSSS.Dynazenon episode 10 used a very common trope, but did something I wasn’t expecting with it.

I’m Standing on a Million Lives episode 19 (or 7 of season 2) was interesting.  The new girl I’m pretty sure is voiced by Wendee Lee.  I thought she was semi-retired and so was quite surprised to hear her in a seasonal Isekai that gets no actual respect.  Her character’s also a Lesbian, no subtext she just outright said it.  That’s exactly what people like Erica Freidman have been wanting more of.  So that’s pretty exciting.

We also learned that for once more than just people from Japan are getting Isekied to this world. Apparently the MC has been speaking too “formally” however this refers to nuances of Japanese that aren’t really translatable.

So episode 2 of YuYuYu season 3 was mostly about animating the Mebuki stuff which LN readers knew about way back during season 2.  But they still won’t animate NoWaYu.

Pokémon: Secrets of The Jungle was great. It’s one of a number of Pokémon movies that are trying to be quite a bit about Environmentalism, but it’s the best of that bunch in my view, regardless of my Nostalgia for some of the earlier ones.  These Pokémon movies are often compared to Miyazaki films like Princess Mononoke, but Pokémon's philosophy on this subject is very different from Miyazaki’s.  Miyazaki, even at his most empathetic to Humanity is still ultimately misanthropic.  Pokémon's message that Humanity and Nature can find a way to live in balance, and that even technology can ultimately help us do that, is much more appealing to me as a Communist.

I watched the Leiji Matsumoto Bohemian Rhapsody video which I learned existed because of Trixie’s recent videos on Star Wars Visions, it was good.

I decided to watch Vampire Hunter D again. I watched it on HIDIVE which obviously has the more recently made Sentai dub. I'm pretty sure I first watched it when the Streamline Dub was still all that existed, but it’s been so long I can’t remember what those voices sounded like.  At any rate I think I liked it more this time than I did the first time.  John Gremillion as D sounds like Liam Neeson, I don’t know if that was intentional or not, but he really does sound like him.

Realist Hero episode 6 provided some interesting world building.

I finished Castlevania on Netflix and it was fine, it’s still not Anime but it’s fine.

The Detective is Already Dead episode 2 was pretty cool, I now get the point of telling a story with this title.  The bad reviews of this show are critiquing it as a Mystery show when that’s really not what it’s trying to be at all.  And even if it was, well I already made a post on that subject.

Episode 7 of Battle Game in 5 Seconds referenced the Hello Fellow Kids Meme, in the Dub at least, and I rather liked it.

The Saint’s Magic Power is Omnipotent episode 10 proved pretty good even though I felt a little bored at the start.

Well in SlimeIncarnation episode 43 the Battle is finally starting.

No comments:

Post a Comment