Monday, January 1, 2024

Seasonal Anime strategizing

 I keep going back and forth in my mind on whether or not I want to start consistently waiting till a season of Anime is over to watch it.

I feel like any show that isn’t Episodically structured is ultimately more enjoyable to binge watch.  I often feel like I forget a lot of what has happened while waiting a week.

One of the things that keeps luring me back into weekly viewing is wanting to be part of the online conversation which often is part of the fun.  Problem is I also watch the Dubs which are for most shows a few weeks behind anyway.

Same Day Simuldubs have started being a thing for some shows.  But it’s not always a guarantee any of the one or two shows with that treatment will be among the shows I’m interested in watching.

Most of 2023 had shows with no Dub at all I took an interest in.  But it tends to be a few weeks before I even know which shows to give up on hoping for a Simuldub for.

There is one other factor, if a show interests me enough I may just be too impatient to wait. Right now I don’t know if anything from Winter 2024 will interest me that much.

Classroom of The Elite is a show I like and even defend against its haters. But it’s not one of my top tier fandoms right now, and I know from experience it’s a show best watched binged so waiting for season 3 to finish shouldn’t be difficult.  Unless it gets a same day Simuldub but I doubt it since season 2 didn’t.

The other sequel I have an eye on is Tsukimichi, I loved season 1 and am glad we’re getting more.  It too however I may be able to be patient for.

So basically right now I'm planning for Winter 2024 to try waiting for most or all shows I watch.  But I may abandon that plan, I have no way of knowing how I’ll be thinking weeks from now.

Update January 3rd: I quickly decided it's safe to assume Gushing Over Magical Girls won't be Simuldubbed since it's both HIDIVE and crosses a certain line of problematic Lewdness.  But I am intrigued to see where it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment