Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Summer Simuldubs continue to start

The second episode of How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord was quite fun, and to my surprise they’re already planting seeds for Yuri Shipping.

Happy Sugar Life episode 4 was less intense then last week.

The Master of Ragnarok & Blesser of Einherjar episode 2 was good.  I think I’ll just start calling it Ragnarok for short, there is other fiction with Ragnarock in the title and even other Anime, but the context of these posts are right from the title about currently airing Anime unless stated otherwise, so that should be enough to identify what I’m talking about.

The first episode of Girl’s Musical Revue Starlight’s Dub has dropped.  I’ve built myself a reputation for being pretty easy to please with Dubs, this one is kind of challenging that.  Maybe I wouldn't be so critical if I hadn’t watched 3 episodes subbed first.  There are other Anime I enjoyed Dubbed when I saw the Sub first, but usually there is a longer time-frame in between.

Only one VA is someone I’m sure I’ve heard before, and her voice was never a favorite and I’m not sure I’ve ever gotten far in a show where she’s the lead which she is here.  The Giraffe has a completely different vibe now.

It looks like the singing during the Revues will be left in the Japanese voices.  This always bothers me when it is the characters in universe singing.  I can tolerate it in something like Love Live that isn’t trying to be on Ikuhara's level, but here it just plain doesn't feel right.  It’s easy to say it’s for the best if I have no confidence in the ability of these VAs to sing, but regardless the disconnect it creates really hurts the illusion.

For awhile now I’ve kind of really wanted a Dub to just not translate Baka.  It is a meme among Anime fans, and I honestly don’t think it’d ever take a casual long to deduce what it’s supposed to mean (Idiot, Fool, Stupid, Moron, Dummy).  And in the case of this show, the coming episodes will create a word play, Bakaren, which they can't incorporate now since they’re not gonna say Baka.

Episode 14 of Steins;Gate 0 was pretty good, the plot has thickened.

I went ahead and watched episode 4 of Revue Starlight’s Sub.  This was clearly a breather episode.  It seems BaKaRi has been coined as the ship name for BaKaren and Hikari on the Yuri Nation blog.

Episode 2 of Overlord III was an interesting start to a new arc.  The basic premise of the show remains kind of hilarious.

I’m hoping next week I’ll have more to say on the three Isekai Funimation Simuldubs once they’ve each reached their three episode mark.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jared Mithrandir. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest in the Word of God. but I am disturbed to know that you believe in Homosexuality. I would love to have some discussion on your opinion. It was good to go through your blog post. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 39 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have you come to Mumbai to work with us during your vacation time. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The SolaScirpturaChristianLiberty blog is where I mainly discus that issue.

      Delete