Monday, October 15, 2018

Anime Weekly Update: Summer is finished, now Fall can fully begin.

Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-San aka Ms. Vampire Who Lives in My Neighborhood’s second episode was also a lot of fun.  I have decent hopes for this one.  Perhaps a good shorthand for it would be Ms. Vampire.

Episode 8 of Attack On Titan season 3 was pretty good again, this is dwarfing the entertainment value of season 2.

Something I wasn’t aware of last week, the official episode description for the pilot of Release The Spyce began with “The Spyce must flow” in the English version at least.  So they definitely know what they’re doing.

Episode 2 was a pretty good follow up, it explained some more about how this world works.

Now to talk about SAO Alicization.  Because of the double length premier I have no idea if this episode I just watched will ultimately be numbered as 2 or 3, but it’s title was The Demon Tree.

I thought Alicization was getting a full year because it’s an arc that spanned like 7 Novels.  But I’m now starting to suspect that it won’t actually do much more than a usual SAO arc and they’re just really stretching it out.  I know that Digibro accuses all SAO sequel arcs of having slow starts, but you see I don’t mind a slow start to a certain extent.  Three episodes into Alfheim and Gun Gale I felt definitely gave me an engaging set up to what we were starting.  Here I feel like I’ve just watched three different pilots to three different shows.

I don’t think I can get used to Kirito’s Japanese VA.  For one thing while both VAs I’m pretty sure are older then Kirito’s actual age, the Japanese one does not sound like a Young Adult at all, in this episode especially if I heard that voice in a Hentai I’d assume it’s the rapist teacher who’s about to NTR a character Kirito’s age. 

Bryce Papenbrook might be easy to write off as the generic Senian Harem king with a Hero complex Dub voice.  But while Eren, Shiro and Kirito all clearly have the same English voice I can still clearly tell them apart.  Kirito is the most mentally stable of this Triumvirate and Bryce thus plays him in a much more subdued way.

Episode 36 of Hugtto!PreCure was crossover madness.  Not a lot for me to chew on with the four teams I care about the most being missing.  But next week is looking to be quite a treat.  Which reminds me, I've been meaning to do a blog post on how the first three PreCure Allstar movies were better crossover films then the first Avengers movie.

Steins;Gate 0 had a pretty dope ending. I’ll give the show a 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment