Monday, October 8, 2018

October's first Weekly Anime Update

Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-San aka Ms. Vampire Who Lives in My Neighborhood had a perfectly adorable pilot.  There was a period where Vampire based fiction was a top obsession of mine, I started this blog when that phase was winding down. I wish I could have seen this show and Tsukihime back then.

I know I said last week I was gonna include Slime and Goblin Slayer in the simuldubs I was gonna watch.  But with both I’ve since heard a lot of things about them being Dark and Gritty in ways I prefer my Isekai to not be.  So I probably simply won’t try them after all.

The first episode of Release The Spyce was fun.  Since I first heard of it I’d been joking about the title making me think of Dune.  But it turns out the titular Spyce does kind of the do the same thing Melange does.

Attack On Titan season 3 episode 7 was pretty darn good again, season 3 is easily proving to be way better than season 2 was.

The premier of Sword Art Online: Alicization was 47 minutes, I suspect MAL will ultimately classify it as two episodes.  The first half was not too exciting but has me curious.  The Gun Gale Online segment was fun, I had no idea how much I wanted to see Sylica manning a machine gun.  It seems like they might be planning to play even more into the Gnostic themes I’ve been meaning to write a blog post on.  This is my first time watching this cast with their Japanese VAs, and I’m not sure I’ll be able to get used to them.

Hugtto!PreCure episode 35 was okay.

Steins;Gate 0 episode 22 was very good, I’m quite excited to see the ending now.

No comments:

Post a Comment