Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Detective Pikachu was a good movie

Now I have a history of heaping high praise on a movie when I just left the theater and after some time passes not liking it as much.  But my self awareness of that isn't gonna keep me from saying how I feel, it's a valid feeling now whether it sticks or not.

The Nostalgia was fun, some of it was genuinely unpredictable and not in the bad way.  And I loved the Batman89 Homage.

So I recommend seeing it.

I also got the Sonic The Hedgehog trailer which I didn't think looked bad at all, it's not something I care about seeing, but it seems perfectly fine to me.

I also got a Godzilla King of The Monsters trailer.  if you'd asked me yesterday if I thought using "Somewhere over the Rainbow" in a trailer for a Kaiju film was a good idea I'd have said of course not.  But somehow this one oddly worked.

For financial reasons this may wind up being the last time I ever see a movie in theaters.  If so it's a fitting one to go out on, Pokemon has been a part of my life for nearly 20 years now.

No comments:

Post a Comment