Friday, May 10, 2019

Madlax is the most difficult to recommend of the Bee Train Girls With Guns Trilogy.

Noir is my favorite Anime period, and as such is better then anything else I've seen from Bee Train by a significant margin.  And I know it's a good show to recommend to people who are into Film Noir or Luc Benson films.

El Cazador de la Bruja is on a number of people's short list to recommend for Anime with a Neo-Western quality to it.  The fact that it's lighter in tone can also make it easier to recommend in some contexts.  And it comes the closest of the three to making the Yuri unambiguously canon.

Madlax is a show I love unconditionally, it's perhaps better representative then Noir of what I generally look for from Anime which makes it pretty important to my history with Anime as probably the second non Kids show I watched.

But like a lot of 2004 Anime it's look hasn't aged all that well, it arguably has the most Het of any of the three, and I don't think I can justify arguing that it's plot actually makes sense.

I however love how wacky and over the top ridiculous it is.

All three shows are a pretty fun relic of the period of Anime history they were made in, but in different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment