Thursday, October 1, 2020

Anime 2020 enters Halloween Month

 Well with BOFURI completed I can say it was a fun enjoyable show, I recommend it.

I’m thinking of increasing the shows I’m willing to watch Subbed for the Fall of 2020, I will wait till the Dub for the Inuyasha sequel no matter what.  But since Higurashi I’m already used to watching Subbed I might as well check out the Reboot.  And Assault Lily seems like the kind of show I could watch Subbed.  And the fact is I have no way of knowing right now how many will get Dubs and I don’t want this season to be as empty as Summer was.

The Inuyasha sequel I intend to watch even though I haven’t properly watched the original so that at least someone blogging about it can provide the perspective of how it works as an introduction to this Universe for new fans.  Which has already been my perspective on the Legend of The Galactic Heroes Reboot and Fruits Basket.  A sequel is different from a Reboot but the idea remains that I won't be comparing to the original just judging the new show on it's own terms.

Well I watched the new Higurashi pilot before the first day of October was over.  The new Artstyle doesn’t sit well with me, it reminds me of my issues with Pokemon Sun and Moon.  I’ll probably keep watching it at least through the Halloween season.

Like with Batman Begins and The Amazing Spiderman, a new adaptation is an opening for people to make complaints about the older classic adaptation that wasn’t so common to make before.  In the Anime world we’ve seen this before with Sailor Moon and FMA Brotherhood and Hellsing Ultimate.  But in Higurashi’s case it’s all criticisms that don’t exist without comparison to the source material, even though it's not an adaptation that completely changed the storyline or anything.

In particularly the case of Anime I’m used to reboots not having the same theme song, so this one actually playing it at the end almost felt weirdly jarring as I don’t think the new Artstyle suits it as well.

I am gonna wait a little bit before doing Assault Lily.  

Follow my Anime viewing in real time at these links..

https://myanimelist.net/profile/JaredMithrandir

https://twitter.com/JaredMithrandir 

Also here is the introductory post for this series.

https://jaredmithrandirolorin.blogspot.com/2020/01/anime-2020.html

No comments:

Post a Comment