Saturday, October 31, 2020

Halloween 2020 Anime

Today is Halloween which is also my Birthday.  

Follow my Anime viewing in real time at these links..

https://myanimelist.net/profile/JaredMithrandir

https://twitter.com/JaredMithrandir 

Also here is the introductory post for this series.

https://jaredmithrandirolorin.blogspot.com/2020/01/anime-2020.html


So HigurashiGou episode 5 is beginning an arc that should be another take on the timeline that focuses on Shion, I’m unsure what to expect.  In a sense the way the first arc ended isn’t that unprecedented, the one who goes nuts is still one of the three who were already susceptible to that happening.  The main curveball is what happened to Rika and Satoko.  But since this premise is us knowing Rika’s role from the start, why aren’t we seeing her reaction to that yet?

There is a chance I’ll put Gou on hold after finishing this arc, in some ways this kind of show is one I prefer to binge.  In general I may wind up making less Anime2020 posts in November then I did in October.

I enjoyed the pilot of Our Last Crusade Or The Rise of A New World, I’d watched Lidnsay Ellis’ video on Bright and was thinking of that, this show has the potential to be a better execution of Bright’s core gimmick, a High Fantasy World that has advanced to the modern era, but with far less lazy world building.

I know some will consider the World Building Exposition at the beginning lazy, but I really don’t care how “organically” that is handled, just tell what I need to know to start following the story at hand.

I also gave the Pilot of Assault Lily Bouquet another shot now that it’s Dub is out and indeed it was much easier to follow.  

So as soon as Riri explained her flashback I assumed the pale haired Lily is now deceased, and the scene of her and Yuyu at the end only further convinced me of that, that’s clearly Yuyu imagining her.

The Dub of episode 24 of Railgun T took very slightly more than 2 weeks, but I’d already gotten used to that being a possibility.  It was pretty good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment