Friday, October 16, 2020

October 2020 Anime Midway Point

 Well, I was not expecting episode 22 of Railgun T’s dub to show up as quickly as it did.  The Dreamranker ark is proving to work as a pretty fun epilogue to the season’s main feature.

Episode 2 of Mago no Tabitabi was enjoyable.

HigurashiGou episode 3 was fine.  One of the things I like to see in this new series of timelines is an arc where we get Mion’s POV.  We were denied her POV originally since she was a constant red herring, the Melissa Hastings to make a reference PLL fans would get.  I’d like to learn why she felt the need to act the way she did at the end of “Oni’s bloodline” and the beginning of “Revenge” in the Eye Opening Chapter.  And I would enjoy getting confirmation of what I now think happened in Curse Killing.

With episode 3 of Majo no Tabitabi I realized that this is basically Kino’s Journey but with Magick.  I have one criticism of the Sub I watched, translating “Majo-San” as “Miss Witch” really doesn’t look right (and it certainly wouldn't sound right in a Dub).  “Miss Witch” reads in English like something you'd say derogatorily or at least condescendingly, which I know is not the intent of the Japanese.

Follow my Anime viewing in real time at these links..

https://myanimelist.net/profile/JaredMithrandir

https://twitter.com/JaredMithrandir 

Also here is the introductory post for this series.

https://jaredmithrandirolorin.blogspot.com/2020/01/anime-2020.html


No comments:

Post a Comment