Monday, January 4, 2021

Anime 2020 continues in 2021

 Looks like Episode 13 was the last episode of HigurashiGou to air in 2020, so the Sub will receive no more comments on this tag, and the Dub when I watch more of it will only be relevant up to that point as well.  Same with Yashahime, only 13 episodes aired in 2020.  For the single cour shows of Fall 2020 however I will cover all of them I’m following here even if for some the last episode technically didn’t air till January because at that point the resolution is still part of the Anime 2020 experience.

However I’m not gonna count as 2020 Anime any Winter shows that started early like Attack On Titan’s final season or the new Vampire Yuri (if I watch them at all, I’m unsure at this point).  They are mostly 2021 shows and I made a point not to watch any December pilots till the year was over.

Episode 8 of Million Lives Isekai was alright.

The SAO Alicization War of Underworld episode that aired on Toonami on the night of January 2nd 2021 had some good stuff but also felt a little over done at times.

I also watched the Fate/Grand Carnival episode that premiered on New Year’s Eve. I suppose that kind of breaks a rule I laid out above but it's situation is different, I might as well comment on what seems to be the very last brand new Anime of 2020.

It was funny, I’m glad to see Lancer is still the Kenny of the Carnival Phantasm universe, and they even made a Meme about 2020.  But I mostly loved that they finally used the female version of the Grand Order player character, she was awesome.  I hope future episodes provide us some Astolfo memes.

2021 is off to a good start so far, let's hope it stays that way.

Follow my Anime viewing in real time at these links..

https://myanimelist.net/profile/JaredMithrandir

https://twitter.com/JaredMithrandir 

Also here is the introductory post for this series.

https://jaredmithrandirolorin.blogspot.com/2020/01/anime-2020.html

No comments:

Post a Comment