Wednesday, July 7, 2021

July has Arrived, Anime Updates

First here is the introductory post for this series.

https://mithrandirolorin.blogspot.com/2021/04/anime-torah-year-introduction-post.html

So I’m A Spider, So What Episode 19 was pretty interesting.

I decided to put 300Slimes On Hold for the time being.

Episode 3 of 86 was good, still not sure how sold I am on the show yet.

And I watched the first two episodes of HigurashiSotsu.  It seems we’re getting an Answer Arc for each Gou Question.

The more I think about it the more I’m not sold on the necessity of seeing this timeline again.  I know before Stosu starting people were mocking those who said full Answer Arcs aren’t needed insisting “of course there’s more to it then just Satoko injects everyone” and yes there is, in this case it’s Rena having the same issues already explored in the original show.  

The information that is new to us Anime only fans seems to me like it was probably always in the Visual Novel, among what it’s fanatics complain about the Deen Anime cutting, and if so seeing it now has vindicated by belief that everything Deen cut was not as good or important as they think it was.  The attempt to make the Gold Digger a bit more sympathetic this time I also just rolled my eyes at, everyone already got that the story of Higurashi approves of Vigilante Justice, it adds nothing.

The second Gou arc is like it’s original counterpart the one worth revisiting the same timeline from a different POV.  Seeing Mion’s POV for a change is the actually new thing I’ve been waiting for.  Sotsu would have grabbed me quicker if it’d started there.  And after that I just want to get back to where we left off before jumping into all this backstory, let Satoko explain the rest in an evil monologue or something.

So I randomly watched the first episode of Ultra Maniac on the TCL Channel app that was recently added to my Roku TV.  I’m afraid I’m simply not interested in Anime that is this much of a SitCom.

Update July 7th: Episode 3 of  Sotsu was pretty fine actually.  I was relived that wrapped this arc up in only a 3rd Episode.  So hopefully the next Arc will be what I've been waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment