Thursday, April 1, 2021

Anime Torah Year Introduction Post

While Japan uses the Gregorian Calendar, there are also still ways in which culturally the first month of their year is April, particularly the way their School Years work.  Which as a particular type of Christian interests me for how that correlates to my understanding of the Biblical Calendar, the year begins with Spring.

So I’ve decided for my next Chronicling my Seasonal Anime experience for a year project on this blog to use that kind of year.  So this Tag of my Blog shall cover April 2021 through March 2022.  Like before there is no guarantee new posts will be made a consistently weekly schedule.

I may choose to comment on older stuff I’m watching too.  For example on April 1st before posting this I watched Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms which was from 2018 and I'm not sure when the Dub was recorded, and quickly gave it a 10 since it managed to make me Cry, it was beautiful.

Because I’m primarily a Dub viewer I will be starting this series by talking about mainly Simuldubs from the Winter 2021 season.   I made a post in March that ends with my starting the Winter Simuldub (however Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle’s Joke finally got old for me during the last Dubbed episode to come out in March).  But to briefly repeat them here those Simuldubs are.

Adachi and Shimamura

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear

Attack on Titan’s "Final Season" on Toonami on Saturday Night.

So I’m A Spider, So What (which I sometimes nickname Spider-Chan or SpiderIsekai)

And the second season of That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime.

I may decide to add more.  Actually I’m probably gonna binge all of Re:Zero season 2 when all of it’s Dub is dropped.  There is stuff I liked about season 1 but I don’t think I can watch it weekly.

Wonder Egg Priority I’ve grown unsure I’ll even bother checking out, though I had labeled it one I was willing to watch Subbed once Bingeable before.  I’ll play it by ear.

I’m also following Tropical-Rouge! Pretty Cure subbed, but I don't know how long I’ll keep that up.  

Now to look ahead at Spring and see what I might be watching.  Unless stated otherwise I will probably only watch any of these seasonally if they get a Simuldub.  And all of this is subject to change.

MARS RED’s pilot episode’s Dub debuted the same day it aired in Japan, March 29th, that is rare.  It was a pretty enjoyable episode, but it isn’t enough to undo my 2010s Vampire Fatigue so I also dropped it.

The fact that How Not to Summon a Demon Lord got a season 2 is making me consider giving the rest of season 1 a chance.  

Similarly the SlimeIncarnation spinoff I will probably check out.

SSSS.Dynazenon I will definitely watch when a Dub is available, if I recall correctly SSSS.Gridman didn’t get a Simuldub.  But it’s also currently not on Netflix.

I’ve been killing Slimes for 300 years and Maxed out my Level or Slime300 I’m very curious about, maybe even enough to watch Subbed if necessary.

Nagatoro I’m considering giving a shot with how much buzz it has.  But it sounds like it probably isn’t my style.

To You, The Immortal has me a little curious.

Combatants Will Be Dispatched! also seems potentially interesting.

Seven Knights Revolution I’ll probably check out.

86 also has my interest.

When I started writing this introduction post MAL only listed 5 ONAs for April-May, none looked interesting to me.  In a matter of weeks that has increased.  Still none are catching my interest yet.  I wish MAL would specifically say which ones are set to be Netflix shows.

No point in even looking at the Movies since all of them will be months before I can see them.

I decided to look even further ahead at Summer.  Season 2s for DragonMaid, Hamefura and Million Lives Isekai, and also more of SlimeIncarnation season 2.

Realist Hero is I think an Isekai I’ve read some of the Manga for already.

HigurashiSotsu is set to start in late July, that one I’ll be watching Subbed.

Looking even further ahead, The Devil is a Part Timer season 2 was announced but I have no idea if it’ll be this year.  New seasons of Magia Record and A Certain Scientific Accelerator are also expected.  And the actual final season of Attack On Titan won’t air till winter 2022 and it's Dub on Toonami will probably start weeks later.

Movies I am still hoping to be able to watch within the next year include the Simuldubs for the final Heaven’s Feel film Spring Song, and both Grand Order Camelot Films.  And also the new Prisma Illya Film and both Sailor Moon Eternal Films all three of which I’m willing to watch Subbed, the Miracle Leap PreCure movie I also still haven’t found anywhere yet.  I’ll probably watch Pokemon Coko(Secrets of The Jungle), but it looks like it has the Sun And Moon/Journeys art style I don’t like.

Hopefully the coming 12 months will be better then the 13 past months.

No comments:

Post a Comment