Sunday, April 18, 2021

Anime Torah Year, will I actually criticize something this week?

Well I finished Aldnoah Zero on HBOMax.  It was a pretty decent Mecha show.

SlimeIncarnation episode 6 was interesting.

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear episode 11 was fun.

So I’m A Spider, So What episode 9 was good.  I wonder if the Demon Lord is also a student?

I’m also thinking about how we have an Imouto with a Big Brother complex character who has two older brothers.  Why is she fixating on the younger older brother and not the biggest brother?

Attack On Titan season 4’s 14th episode was revealing.

Tropical-Rouge! Precure episode 8.  I feel like with this Precure series what I’m most enjoying is the slice of life stuff with the main girls, that alone justifies coming back every week.  And there is plenty of cool/fun stuff in the fight sequence.  But whatever the villains do to get us from the former of those to the latter quickly becomes a complete blur.

A more conventional critic would probably see that as a problem way more than I do.  Yes it does hurt the show’s ability to ever top the classic episodic Magical Girl shows with some pretty darn memorable Generals and MOTOWS.  But I’ve already explicitly defended on this blog the position that it’s okay for the villains to sometimes be just a plot device.

And it’s also maybe kind of the intentional theme with these villains that they’re lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment