Friday, June 22, 2018

#MahouShouJune & #PrideMonth week 4 was a very #Yuri week.

I also watched the recently released Asagao to Kase-San OVA.

It’s a well animated and well directed Anime, and well acted as far as I can judge Japanese voice acting.  But…..

As a massive Yuri enthusiast I hate being the one debbie downer on this OVA, but it’s really not to my taste.  A lot of people are saying it’s so preferable to Citrus cause it doesn’t have so much DRAAAAMAAAA!!!!!  But the thing is, it is still a Melodrama, it is still a conflict driven narrative.  And so if we’re gonna have Melodrama I’d prefer they just go all out with it.

I do want more fiction that isn’t conflict driven narratives.  And what I want from that for Yuri is just Lucky Star or K-On or Yuru Yuri but with everyone unambiguously openly gay, all the plausible deniability thrown out. 

I get that Kase-San is trying to capture a more realistic relationship awkwardness and tension, and if that’s what you need from a Yuri Romance then this might be for you.  But I don’t want that kind of realism from Anime.  This OVA was okay but I couldn’t watch a 12 or 24 episode series with this general tone.

Hugtto! PreCure episode 20 was definitely worth it’s build up. I’ve also done a lot of other Pretty Cure viewing which I’ve posted on elsewhere.

Katana Maidens episode 20 was interesting.  I’m starting to think there is supposed to be some kind of Id, Ego, Superego correlation to the three Princesses.

Episode 8 of Steins;Gate 0 was quite good.

Symphogear season 1 was very good.

And I finally got around to Sasami-San@Ganbaranai which was a very interesting show.

For Shin Sekai Yori however I could not even finish the first episode.

I started Symphogear G which is pretty good so far.

And I finished Magical Girl Site.  It did have a happy ending (but with sequel hooks) so my final opinion on it for now is that it’s a good show.

No comments:

Post a Comment