Monday, July 16, 2018

The Summer Anime Season has arrived

I watched RahXephon and made this twitter thread documenting it.
https://twitter.com/JaredMithrandir/status/1016979410153541632

We also finally have premiere dates for the Summer FUNimation Simuldubs.  Looks like the shows I wanna watch will be more evenly spread throughout the week this time.  There is a chance I may start trying to post these on Wednesday or Thursday by the time they’ve all started.

On the RahXephon subject, I also tried De:Vadasy since it’s only three episodes.  It was dull, the Anime Abandon review was correct about it.

On a mostly spur of the moment decision I decided to watch the first episode of Happy Sugar Life on Friday Night.  Let’s just say it has my attention.

The first episode of Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight aka Girls Musical Revue Starlight did not disappoint. It starts out like a regular school club show and then suddenly goes full Ikuhara.

People interested in this show for the Lesbians in the Theater aspect of it I recommend read Nancy Garden’s Good Moon Rising.

And after watching the first episode I learned it will get a Simuldub, but it’s Sentai/HIDIVE rather than FUNimation.  So I’ll probably wait till it starts to continue, the Dub would have to be pretty mishandled for me to decide I prefer the Sub, but if that happens I can just binge catch up right away.

Hugtto!PreCure episode 24 was a Rockin Episode.

And now I have completed Toji No Miko aka Katana Maidens.  It was a great show, I’m not sure my original hopes it being the show of the year will hold up, but it's definitely still the top contender.

Steins;Gate 0 episode 12 was pretty emotional.

And I’ve now finished the Legend of the Galactic Heroes reboot.  It was damn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment