Thursday, July 19, 2018

Will I watch The Perfectionists? (The PLL Spin Off)

Given how I still call Pretty Little Liars at it's peak the best Western TV show of all time, and how much I invested in following it for seven years.  It's pretty surprising that I'm now pretty uncertain I'll even bother with it's spin off.

Part of it is how falling down the Anime rabbit hole has made me mostly give up on Western TV altogether.  I'd also never have imagined a day would come when I wouldn't even be following the shows based on DC Comic Book properties.  (Titans I will give a shot since it was in theory what I wanted the most, but I'm still pretty Ambivalent about it.)

Part of it is previous attempts at giving us a PLL spin off or sister show didn't work out well, Ravenswood and The Lying Game.

But mostly, it's what I've already talked about regarding how PLL's biggest fumble soured it's legacy.

What this spin off needs to do to win me over is provide us some positive Trans representation to balance out the Charlotte debacle.  Preferably a character or characters played by actual Trans actors.

If I hear good things in that department, I'll give it a try.  Otherwise a PLL spin off that doesn't have a Hastings in it is of no interest to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment