Sunday, November 15, 2020

Anime 2020 progresses

I’m unsure whether or not even it’s Dub counts as 2020 but I saw Weathering With You on the morning of the 9th and it was pretty good.

Well Our Last Crusade or The Rise of A New World episode 3 suddenly does something I usually wouldn’t expect a show to do till the last three episodes of a season.  It’s bold but then weirdly resolved as quickly as it happened.  Since it’s a Light Novel adaptation it makes we wonder if they decided to rush to the climax of the first book, something that usually takes 4-6 episodes.

HigurashiGou episode 7 was interesting.  From now on I’m gonna try to avoid saying anything Spoilery about Higurashi in these posts.  With episode 2 of the Gou Dub I’m already getting more used to the new voices.  But there are still some things I won’t be able to have full opinions on for a while.

I’m Standing on 1,000,000 Lives or I’m Standing on a Million Lives had an interesting pilot.

Assault Lily Bouquet episode 3 was Gay, really really Gay.

Well I have finally gotten to finish Railgun T and it was pretty awesome, Raildex has quickly become one of my favorite franchises.  I’m gonna rewatch all the Dreamranker episodes sometime soon.

The second episode of Yashahime should have been the first, it takes place before the framing device of the pilot and is a much better introduction to this world for new fans.

The 11/14 Toonami episode of SAO Alicization jumped around a bit but had some good stuff.  And it seems like the other Dubs I was expecting for Saturday and Sunday inexplicably took this weekend off.

I’m currently following 8 Fall 2020 Simuldubs plus SAO on Toonami.  Been awhile since I had that many at once.  Statistically when I have I wound not watching all of them to completion.  But either way it looks like I’ll have some fun to enjoy for the remainder of the year.

The Anime 2020 Tag will probably still be added to in 2021 as I finish shows that started in 2020 and maybe also comment on some movies I couldn’t get to sooner.  In the meantime I’m working on another idea for my next year long Anime watching project.

Follow my Anime viewing in real time at these links..

https://myanimelist.net/profile/JaredMithrandir

https://twitter.com/JaredMithrandir 

Also here is the introductory post for this series.

https://jaredmithrandirolorin.blogspot.com/2020/01/anime-2020.html


Update: it turns out Warlords of Sigdrifa episode 2 did become available today after all.  If the other two shows drop in the next Day or so I'll add another update.

The second episode was pretty good, make sure you don't skip the post credit scene.  I'm always amused when an Anime has the MC be a Gaijin reacting to Japanese characters.  It gives us an idea of how Japanese Otaku want to be perceived by the rest of the world.

By The Grace of The Gods episode 3 was okay, but I have a feeling this may be the first show I get bored of.

No comments:

Post a Comment