Friday, November 27, 2020

Zelda Age of Calanime

I still haven't played any truly recent Video Games, but I now know the main plot of what happens in Age of Calamity and I like it.

The mainline 3D Zelda games tend to have fairly Sad or Bitter Sweet endings, Link defeats the bad guy and saves the world but not all the tragedy can be erased.  A lot of Zelda fans like this, it doesn't break any of them for me by any means, it makes Zelda comparable to LOTR in a way most Japanese works of High Fantasy aren't.  Skyward Sword is the one that's kinda going overboard with it, Link has to say goodbye to Fi and then Zelda has to say goodbye to Impa TWICE.

A Link to The Past however had an unconditionally happy ending, Link uses his wish to bring back every non evil person who had died.  And that's what I prefer, doubly so for this medium where the ending is supposed to feel like something I earned after putting in all that work.

Age of Calamity is how it is partly because of technically being a Hyrule Warriors game, but the first Hyrule Warriors has this in how Lana at least is sad about what happens to Cia.

Age of Calamity plays out kind of like a Visual Novel based Anime, it's about fighting against Fate to undo a bad ending.  That makes a satisfying Gaming experience in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment